- Course Code: PMGI 0115D
- Course Name: Techniques and Practices of Project Management certificate
- Short Name: TPPM-ON
- PDUs / Education Hours: 35
Today, almost everyone in all professions is expected to report on results and get the job done satisfactorily, within budget and on time. That is a component of the art and science of Project Management! Subscribe today. Collaborate with your team or meet with your instructor online*
Templates, Case Study, Capstone Project Assignment and Interactive Course Content
SUBSCRIBE AND LEARN THE PRINCIPLES & PRACTICES OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Today, almost everyone in all professions is expected to report on results and get the job done satisfactorily, within budget and on time. That is a component of the art and science of Project Management!
The Techniques and Practices of Project Management (TPPM) is a 35 hours course which will introduce you to various project management tools, techniques and some best practices within the industry. You will be exposed to various theories and based on the interactive nature of the programme; you will also get hands-on experience through various in-class practice exercises.
This course satisfies the 35 education hours to sit the Project Management Professional exam course and also get you to hit the ground running.
This Course will also equip you with skills required to immediately start setting priorities; controlling your budget and reporting on project results. It will help you to better define and understand Project Management; Project Lifecycles and Stakeholders; Project Process Groups and Initiating a Project; Project Planning and how these are applied in the real-world. In this course, you will also be exposed to other critical areas such as Risk Management, Quality Management and Procurement Management.
What You Will Receive & Gain
- Capstone Project Assignment
- Case study and memory joggers
- Access to the only Jamaican online Job portal for project management jobs – GO TO https://careers.pmglobalinstitute.com
- A Certificate of Achievement or Attendance
- An internationally recognized certificate from us
- 35 project management Education Hours or PDUs.
- The 35 Education hours that will be awarded for contact hours in fulfillment of education eligibility requirement.
*Send friend requests and collaborate with persons who respond. Collaborate and speak instructors. This is a on-demand course, therefore Instructors may respond immediately or periodically throughout the course.
Minimum 60 days to complete this course, kindly submit your assignment at least 14 days before the end of your subscription period to allow the instructors to mark your paper and give necessary feedback.
Course Content Summary
- Introduction to Project Management
- The Project Management Framework
- Team Selection & Development
- Managing Communications and Stakeholders
- Project Management Planning
- Project Scope Management
- The Work Breakdown Structure
- Project Quality Planning
- Risk Planning
- Risk Response Strategies
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Reporting & Closure
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Understand the project management framework.
2. Understand how to start a new project and manage needs and expectations
3. Understand the processes and steps required to manage successful projects and get great results.
4. How to be a sought after project team member, coordinator or manager.
- You will be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of a project
- Distinguish between projects and operations, and define progressive elaboration.
- Identify key project management concepts and terms
- State variables that can influence project outcomes within the context of an organization.
- Explain the 10 Project Management Knowledge Areas are and how they are integrated with the five (5) Process Groups according to international Project Management standards.
- Develop key management documents and plan components.
This course is designed for persons who have never completed a formal project management course or have done one more than 3 years ago.
There are no pre-requisites for participants to have prior training in project management.